Here’s What You Need To Know About Smart Clothing
Smart clothing is a type of wearable technology that is still being explored by various markets. Its fabric is implanted with interactive technology which is primarily used for tracking fitness goals. And even though it’s not mainstream as yet, it undoubtedly has a lot of potential to be the next decade’s most sought-after product. Therefore, thrilled with the possibilities of smart clothing, several manufacturers today have come up with their original products.
If you are wondering how this such kind of wearable technology can be beneficial for you, then read further.
- Ease – For some people, wearing a fitness tracker around the wrists or the arm can be extremely uncomfortable. This is because it can retain a lot of sweat around the area and cause skin irritation. On the other hand, smart clothing comes in various apparel forms which are highly inconspicuous and light. The best part about these is that brands have scaled several heights to make them incredibly comfy. So, you won’t even notice the difference between regular and smart clothing.
- Accurate numbers – Typically, statistics projected on most wearable technology products are correct. However, at times devices can process faulty information which always fuels the debate about how reliable they can be for fitness monitoring purposes. Smart clothing has an added advantage, i.e., the sensors within are much closer to the body so that they can offer precise data about exercise regimes and pulse rates.
- Additional data – Apart from the standard heart rate and motion tracking, currently some smart clothing brands are trying to take a comprehensive approach by monitoring the respiration rate as well. This can be extremely valuable as it gives you an insight into how you should manage your workout schedules as well as time-outs. For instance, if you do yoga exercises daily, smart clothing can be used to observe your breathing patterns, so that you can get better at executing complex postures.
- Healthcare applications – Not just for tracking your workout regimes, such wearable technology is also making its way in the healthcare sector. It can be used for keeping an eye on the infant’s breathing patterns and heart rates. Similarly, a few companies have come up with apparels that could help detect cardiovascular diseases.
- Convenience – Most smart clothing variants have to be washed by hand after detaching the monitoring devices from it. However, you can find products that have washable sensors, but at this point, this feature is only offered by a handful of brands. However, there is a good chance that brands in future will manufacture waterproof apparels to accommodate such consumer preferences.
- Connectivity – Like fitness wristbands, even smart clothing effortlessly connects to your smartphone. Not just for stats, some products can also utilize a social media space for active sharing. Some brands have also incorporated the feature of GPS tracking.
These products also termed as e-textiles, and are available in the form of shoes, bras, running shorts, suits, dresses, socks, trousers, jackets, etc. Besides fitness, smart clothing is increasingly becoming a subject of intrigue for ultra-modern fashion. So, in the coming years, they might be regular apparel to be seen on the store racks.
Hexoskin, Samsung NFC suit, Owlet Smart Sock 2, Nadi X yoga pants, SUPA Powered Sports Bra, Lumo Run, Levi’s x Google Jacquard Jacket, MyZone Sports Bra, Athos, Sensoria running socks 2.0, Neopenda smart baby hat, etc. are some of the popular products that you can consider buying. All of the wearable technology products mentioned vary according to the purpose and budget.
Apart from smart clothing, you can also explore different forms of wearable technology such as smart jewelry, intelligent wristbands and headbands, and smart watches, etc.